How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to put a stop to my grandchildrens mother

Customer Question

I would like to put a stop to my grandchildrens mother always telling them she is taking them back thereby upsetting them and making them worry about their security
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Montana, I have had guardianship since November 2012
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Today I am going to the Self-Help Law Library to file for TRO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mother is very inconsistent in all that she does, the children love her but do not want to live her because of past boyfriend being very abusive to them, traumatizing them so they now have trust and security issues with her
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Stacy. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You are definitely on the right track in moving for the TRO. Mom should not pop in and out of their lives to cause them emotional distress in that manner. Here's the form you need to file for a temporary order of protection on behalf of your grandchildren. This link provides an overview of the process.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please accept my answer and leave a positive rating. I'm happy to answer any followup questions you may have as well.

Related Family Law Questions