How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A 17 year old was kicked out of her house and has no place

Customer Question

Hi a 17 year old was kicked out of her house and has no place to stay. Can she stay with us and would she be able to enroll in high shool with no problems?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

The age of majority in Texas is 18 - see:***-**-****29.00.html - this means that even though the child was "kicked out" their parents are still legally responsible for the child, and the child is still subject to their parent's control.

Taking in a child like this can be problematic unless you have some form of legal right to do so - the most common is a "guardianship" - see:, but be aware, this places the full legal rights and responsibilities for the child on the individual or individuals that are applying to act as guardians for the child.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service (the series of 5 stars next to the chat window) so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "ForCustomerquot; and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.


Related Family Law Questions