How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12211
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find a lawyer successful in maintenance award

Customer Question

I need to find a lawyer successful in maintenance award modifications post divorce under Governor Rauner's new statutory guidelines, and under the wording in our decree that allows for modification upon a "substantial change of circumstances". In my case, I'm disabled, collect SSDI, plus one minor's benefit, who will turn 18 on 12/9.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can.

Do I understand you correctly that you are wondering how to find a good local attorney to represent you?

I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Please bear in mind that the attorneys at this website cannot represent you.

Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, if I were looking for a local attorney, I would ask the one I have, which I dislike. This is NOT a general question. I know the law on this matter. Please re-read my question.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I looked at my question; I believe I left out the first word, which would be "How"? Is there a place that reviews attorney, a record of successful attorneys in this area, a percentage reported in the media? I suppose I could Google this information, but there are so many variables, such as SSDI, I am disabled, ex-spouse, who can, at age 50, collect under his SSA, but not until he turns 62, and I cannot wait that long! We had a very good life. I have a very poor life. It is not fair, equitable, and I don't think I should have to find a place to move
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hi again.After contemplating what you wrote, I'm really sorry to say that I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. However, it's quite likely that another attorney at this website will be able to do so. Accordingly, I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using this service.