FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Does a husband have to provide a spouse health ins after

Customer Question

does a husband have to provide a spouse health ins after divorce
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not now
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. It all depends on if it is court ordered. I say this because in the divorce decree, the Judge should address/order the issue with health insurance and if the husband needs to continue to pay for their spouse and/or the premium will be included in any type of support or maintenance. It is not something that is automatic and the wife would need to ask and/or the husband would have to object to it and simply request she pay for it on her on.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.