How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received court papers today and in it it says he is

Customer Question

I just received court papers today and in it it says he is requesting to have physical custody of our 14 year old daughter. She has not been alone with him for about 2 1/2 months and that's her own decision because she is afraid of him. He wants to come over now and pick her up against her own will. Can he do that?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Before this matter, were there already custody orders in place, or not? If so, were you the managing custodian?

2) Do the court papers have a court order that give him immediate custody? Or not, and he is simply asking for temporary custody in a court hearing that is coming up? Or, not sure? Is there any way you can attach the documents to your reply?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Related Family Law Questions