Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a grandson in care for truancy and criminal activity

Customer Question
I have a grandson in...
I have a grandson in foster care for truancy and criminal activity if I take custody of him permanent custody will he still be in the foster care system
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/16/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your grandson is in the foster system already then in order for you to take guardianship you have to go through child protection and the courts. If they approve you to be guardian then you would still have to report to child protection, but it would get him out of the foster care system directly.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer