FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I live in Bradenton Florida I am going through a divorce and

Customer Question

I live in Bradenton Florida I am going through a divorce and I have a 10 month old son with some health issues I am not opposed to visitation however I would like to know if overnights are mandatory at this age thank you so much
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what your son is going through. The good news is that they are NOT mandatory. When it comes to child visitation or even custody, the Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child. In this case, if he has health issue which prevent him from being away from you at night and/or cause problems/issues with overnight visitation in general, the Judge can simply not allow them until his health improves. You would need to share and explain with the Judge the situation and what the issues are and why your son at this time, can not have overnight stays with the other parent and the Judge can then decide how to rule/act.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.