How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was awarded SSDI disability in March 2015 and they back

Customer Question

I was awarded SSDI disability in March 2015 and they back dated it back to Dec 31. 2012. She filed the SS benefits and Social Security paid her $24,000 in benefit dated back to June 2013 to March 2015. The children and receiving from SS $557 each month. Can I emotion the court in Florida reward me over payment because of the money she got while I to was paying child support. I don't pay child support anymore because of my disability?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When are you going to call?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I didn't see the part about calling. I can answer your question in this format or opt out and open it back up to others since I don't do phone calls. Just let me know your preference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are going to look for another expert. Thanks for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will expect your answer after you read the emotion.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Normally, you can chat with an expert like me online - and majority of discussions occur this way. If you want a call, you can request it, but you have to do so from your end. You should see an option for this (let me know if you do not). The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I do not do calls. Do not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and the first available expert calls. They will also have the attachment and conversation to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

Or, simply reply and we can continue chatting online. Let me know if so, or if you need any clarification about your options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send the emotion for the court. Please let me know if a can do this. Thanks Ted
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
you prefer to discuss this via the thread; not the call. Correct?