How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was living with my partner for 15+ years, 5 months ago she

Customer Question

I was living with my partner for 15+ years, 5 months ago she started accusing me of emotionally abusing her, she continued to escalate her accusations to the point of saying she could not take it any more because the knowledge of my existence was causing her stress and anxiety and she felt like she had no option but to move out and on with her life. I came across a card addressed to her "to my love" and signed "I love you baby doll, Brad". We have two boys, 11and 13 years of age and she left approximately one month ago. How can I protect my boys and myself from her pursuing custody and child support and how can I obtain custody and child support?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, you were never married to her and there is no custody order in place at this time?

Related Family Law Questions