How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please. Kansas, Existing child custody/parenting plan on

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Existing child custody/parenting plan on file with the courts.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Looking to determine what forms to file pro se when custodial parent is in violation of parenting plan pertaining to medical decisions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Custodial parent has selected four doctors for the child's ongoing treatment for anorexia without consulting non-custodial parent. Of the four, three of the doctors are not providers on the insurance plan and the non-custodial parent is responsible for 80% of the medical expenses. Custodial parent recently purchase $560 eyeglass for the child, again non-custodial parent is responsible for 80% of that bill. Modifying support for special needs is not likely as this was discussed in court last year and denied before the series of decisions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


I'm still waiting for you to accept the call offer that you requested.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doug, I think I can get the question answered via email. Is that possible?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


Well you can get a written answer, but not by me. I agreed to accept the call. So I'll opt out and another expert can perhaps assist you.

Have a great evening,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. I got pulled away and couldn't take the call. Now I'm not in a place where I can take calls. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Hi Machele, I'm Stacy. If you're just seeking which forms to file, I can assist you with that. Which county in Kansas are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stacy, Johnson County.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Give me a few moments to research.

Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

I don't see that they have one specifically for contempt, however, it appears you could use this form to accomplish your goal. This form would allow you to request a modification of the current order, wherein you could request the court order the custodial parent to confer with non-custodial parent on all major medical related expenses since they are paying the bulk of those costs. Or, if there has been any income changes, modify the 80/20 split on those expenses in addition to consulting. However, if this process seems overwhelming, you are very lucky that your local court provides a Self Help Center to assist unrepresented litigants with these types of issues. I wish my county offered that service!

The Legal Help Center is located on the first floor of the Johnson County Courthouse and open during normal Court hours (8am - 5pm M-F). Kansas Legal Services (KLS) attorneys are on site Tuesdays and Fridays. Call(###) ###-####for an appointment with KLS.

I hope this answers your question. If you've found my information helpful, please kindly leave a positive rating and accept my answer. This is the only way Just Answer compensates experts for their time. Thank you and good luck with your issue!