How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6421
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to find out about my ex-husband who has been living

Customer Question

I have to find out about my ex-husband who has been living with me off and on for several years, I take him to MD appts and stay with him as needed, . He has been very careful not to give me checks for groceries. He and daughter has conned for years and the only time was when gave me his will leaving me 25000.00. i signed over the house without realizing how he has gone about this , My neighbors has seen this and I want to know what to do about it.???
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No ,he has been apart of my family a long time. I am just realizing what he has done,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i divorced several years ago and he seems to stay with me whatever. Can I file Common Law or what ever<<<<<<<<<
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

If he conned you into signing over title to the home then you may need to sue him for fraud or undue influence or unjust enrichment and ask for a court order to undo that transfer. A lot depends on the facts of what actually transpired.

Texas has a real estate fraud statute that you can read about here. The benefit to you is that it provides for your legal fees to be paid by your ex if you win the suit. You may want to consult with a real estate litigation lawyer to see if someone is wiling to take your case on a 33% contingency fee basis.

Here is a link to help you get started.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.