How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117437
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm the neice and care provider of my aunt for 15 years ..

Customer Question

I'm the neice and care provider of my aunt for 15 years .. Got into a fight in the laundry room with a tenant.. Was abandoned from the building where I lived in for 2 months.. Knowing that I'm the only one that cared for my aunt an she needs 24 hours care each day says her doctor.. She died the next day. We lived in Washington DC public housing
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the big problem with what you are saying is you got into a fight. Public housing rules say that any violence on the premises is grounds for removal. So it legally is not housings fault about the unfortunate death of your aunt as they had rights to remove you or any tenant or occupant who violated the rules. If you were forced to leave and you were the sole caregiver then it was actually your legal duty to find someone to stay with your aunt until you resolved the situation.
If you did not cause the fight and you were the victim then your legal recourse is against the person who started the fight and that is the only person you would be able to take legal action against I am afraid.

Related Family Law Questions