How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9414
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my boyfriend have a 7 month old baby boy, since the

Customer Question

Me and my boyfriend have a 7 month old baby boy, since the start of our relationship he would use sarcasm to push my buttons and push me to get upset. It escalated when I got pregnant and I was afraid my pregnancy wasn't going to be full term because of the verbal stress he would put me through, sometimes I would end up in the restroom shaking and throwing up due to all the stress. Recently I started recording our arguments to have proof in case we ever decide to split and he tries to take custody of my son. My question is can he take my child away or can my case grant me full custody of my son?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Today I called the cops because I had had enough of his verbal abuse, and told him I was going to pack my stuff and leave to which he responded "if you take my son I'm calling the cops" so I beat him to the punch. He has a son from his previous marriage and was over for the weekend, he is 4. I called my boyfriendson mom to see if she could knock some sense into him but all I got was her waiting until the cops OK eft so she could yell at me and make me feel bad over calling the cops and telling me that I make his son miserable all this while my son and my boyfriends 4 year old where present. My sister and mom live with us and have witnessed all the arguments and verbal abuse including his mother talking to me like she did. No I'm going to go see one tomorrow but I really can't a Ford one, I've been a stay at home mom since my second trimester
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I go to GED classes Monday and Wednesday and on one ocasión he had a friend over and started drinking while watching our 7 month old when I got home I asked if he was drunk and he denied it. I got upset because I knew he was lying, after he went up stars and gave the baby a bath to which I wasn't OK to but he insisted he was fine well he layer the baby on his back as t I make him flote lost his grip and my son breathed in water so I took him away got upset at my boyfriend and told him that he was nevwr to bathe our son after drinking ever again and continued bathing him my self. The second time I left our son in his charge he had the same friend over they were drinking again and left our 7 month old son strapped to a high chair un attended facing the bay window while he was outside with his friend. My mom was the one that witnessed this and told me because she picked up the baby and took him to her room. I confronted him about it and he didn't denied it and said that he could see the baby from out side.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also when ever he has his 4 year old over he says stuff to him like "you have your mother's intelligence, why can't you use your brain?!" Or "quit being stupid"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked my boyfriend why he didn't stick up for me when his mother was yelling at me in front of the kids and he said that he has in the past when she'd bad mouthed me behind my back. It doesn't surprise me that she has because we've been over to his parents house for dinner and she bad mouths my boyfriends ex wife and then when she shows up to pick up their 4 year old they act like they are the best of friends with her.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he drinks to the point of not being able to walk straight he gets very defensive and verbally agressive, it's caused arguments and me to have to sleep in the living room, with my baby during pregnancy and after due to the things he says. His mom is the director at Grady memorial hospital and they have conections with the FBI and other people, all I'm worried about is them taking my child from me
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Have you finished posting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My background is clean, I drink socialy, dont smoke or do drugs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

At this time, I will ask that you stop posting to give me the opportunity to review your previous posts and post my response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why your charges are so high, I'm the mom of this person already asking for you help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you a lawyer or you really can help my daughter?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I give up. You keep on interrupting my posting.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

New Expert here.

Is your boyfriend named on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

You have sole custody right now but he has the right to petition the Court for custody or visitation. The father cannot take your son without your permission or a Court order.

It is legal for you to record your conversations, according to

I hope this information is helpful.