Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I filed my response to the petition for parenting plan with

Customer Question
the clerks office but I...
I filed my response to the petition for parenting plan with the clerks office but I didn't have them stamp my copy of the forms. I am trying to serve him today. What should I do? He also just served me with the petition for parenting plan and his proposal for a parenting plan but not an order for a temporary plan. I have a protective order against him and in that is a temporary visitation schedule, do I still need to feel out the temporary parenting plan form? What for do I use to fill out after serving him. Also he didn't serve me any papers initiating child support. Can I do that with division of child support later?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2016
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You will need to have him served with your petition here.

You need the service form FL Modify 600

And then file proof of service to show you served him--here are the forms

https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=forms.contribute&formID=32

do I still need to feel out the temporary parenting plan form, Yes that as well here since you are seeking temporary orders.

You can file with the state here for child support later.You can do it separately.

Parenting plans here in Washington

Once the judge signs a Parenting Plan, it becomes a binding court order. Both parents must follow it.

• Which parent the child will live with (custody)

• How much time the child will spend with each parent

• Which parent will make major decisions about the child

• How you and the other parent will work out major disagreements

You may qualify for free legal help here

CLEAR is Washington's toll-free, centralized intake, advice and referral service for low-income people seeking free legal assistance with civil legal problems.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.

• Outside King County: Call 1-***-***-**** weekdays from 9:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m.

• King County: Call 211 for information and referral to an appropriate legal services provider Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. You may also call(###) ###-#### or the toll-free number, 1-877-211-WASH (9274). You can also get information on legal service providers in King County through 211's website at www.resourcehouse.com/win211/.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer