Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Order Rule to Show Cause. I received a Court Order from

Customer Question
Order Rule to Show Cause...
Order Rule to Show Cause. I received a Court Order from Circuit Court of Fairfax County that I am in contempt of court for failure to abide by the Order of the Court entered on September 18, 2014; I can purge my contempt by vacating the residence by noon September 15, 2016.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/11/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to know if their is an avenue that I can take to save my property. Ive paid 12000 dollars to Segan Law Firm which is representing my condominium which I owe back payments. I owed 12000 to HOA but there has been an additional 20000 in judgment and liens that have been added on to the HOA fees. The HOA payments are from 2011, 2013, and 2014.

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to assist. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,

Family Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi, this is Heather. I'm a different attorney. I see that you stated you are being charged with contempt, and you can purge yourself of the contempt if you vacate the property by September 15. Then you stated that you want to know if you can save your property and you discuss what you've paid to the law firm, and that you owe the HOA $12,000 plus an additional $20,000.

Unfortunately, if the HOA has a judgment for $32,000, then you will most definitely have to pay that, at a minimum, in order to save the property. However, it may be that that won't be enough, depending on where your case is. If you are being ordered out of the property, it is likely that your rights to the property have been affected through the court's orders, and so at this point, you may be liable to both pay the money and vacate. Sometimes, however, if you approach the other party, the HOA in this instance, and ask what will they accept in order to restore the property to you, they may be willing to work out a deal.

Does that make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question is can I get representation in Alexandria, VA area to represent me. Ive paid 12000 of the 32000 owed. Most of the amount owed is judgments and liens. Am I liable to pay the amount I owe to HOA and the judgments which include the HOA and court fees?

My question is can I get representation in Alexandria, VA area to represent me.

I don't see why you couldn't get someone in Alexandria to represent you. You would have to call law firms in that area to see if anyone would represent you. We don't provide representation through this website.

. Am I liable to pay the amount I owe to HOA and the judgments which include the HOA and court fees?

Yes, if there is a judgment against you for the $32,000, then yes, you are liable to pay that.

If I did not answer your questions, can you please clarify and let me know. I'd like to make sure you get the answers you need.

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer