Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband of 5 years took all our money from our joint

Customer Question
account. now he is in...
my husband of 5 years took all our money from our joint account. now he is in a rehab center for alcohol abuse, and left me with nothing. what should i do?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: we live between NJ and FL but right now he is in nj
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: I did here in Florida but they are asking me for a lots of money that I don't have since my husband took everything
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know where he put the money, he put it in one of his businesses account and his brother in law is controlling all our money while he is in rehab. as his wife don't i have the right to do that instead of his sister's husband?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/11/2016
Family Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Do you have any kind of power of attorney signed by him?

Ely, Counselor at Law