How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It is best to bullet point married 28 years NC no children

Customer Question

Hello it is best to bullet point married 28 years NC no children my husband sued me for equitable distribution we did not own anything together at the time of separation both have health issues and I knew this was going to be very difficult divorce and complex The unequal distribution was after my mother passed she had a CD worth very little which would be the only way I had more assets than he did I did not sign the separation agreement and The one of many problem is my attorney of retainer after four months told me he cannot take the case and passed me to his partner which I did not have the opportunity to choose another sttorney due to my move to my to my mother tjome which we owned jointly in South Carolina He served me with the separation agreement in April and long story short my countersuit was not filed until December This was very calculated however I didn't know how calculated it really was My husband started a business and placed him as a member and me is manager and I was aware of this prior to the separation I know for a fact he is comininhly separate property with marital property by using joint credit cards and having auto drafts paying to the credit cards from our joint bank account during the discovery process on knowingly by association exposed of family members personal account which was being floated to my husband during the discovery process unknowingly by association exposed a family members personal account which was being floated to my husband Under the table after this discovering all communication with the family ceased This has no bearing on equitable distribution however he was charged on my counter suit on six counts with me having nothing to hide I continued with that discoveries despite my attorney he would not do forensic accounting which would have proven what I know to be true The credit cards were closed immediately after separation I knew of the families portfolio and very priby too sensitive information fast-forward mediation failed due to my insistent on credit card records bank statements and business Information When I declined mediation every offer made was on my behlslf. My husband would not budge whatsoever He stole my jewelry and did give it to his girlfriend Prior to separation And they have made no reasonable effort to hide the relationship from me via Facebook my attorney and inheritance did not continue my discoveries after many you champs for tax documentation and extension of taxes several hidden assets and the business also was International and Domestic included patents copyrights stock and he said I was fishing Therefore after mediation he asked to be released from my case he was granted and my husband fast tracked to the pre-trial for equitable distribution however I did not receive the order of pretrial I was served with the judges signed order with me being out of town and the short notice I was able via fax to the case coordinator for a motion to continue I was granted the motion as there were a plethora of outstanding documents that were not compiled and two or three of the system documents could not be located Now it is so complicated another attorney will not take and I need to subpoena the business records the credit card statements and Will need to receive the documents outstanding which to me is in contempt of court this is where we are pre-trial was set for 816 moved to September 20 how do I received an injunction. My husband was granted the absolute divorce however pending post spousal support and discoveries up to pre-Trial I know I'm throwing a lot at you however I would be remiss if I did not see this through There were obviously no 401(k)s or anything of that nature he cleaned it all out prior to and now it's in the business what are my options
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nc
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: This is my problem with it being so close another attorney will not touch it and that is my problem is my attorney did not buy it from me and it was not my attorney of choice
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband is wanting us to go quickly and obviously side and I do have variance accounting and place
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist? I see "how do I received an injunction", is that your question?