How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a divorce from an illegal immigrant husband?

Customer Question

How can I get a divorce from an illegal immigrant husband? He got in trouble in Las Vegas, NV and then asked me to marry him. We married March 1993 he was deported but came back in the US illegally. He left me in October 2001 just to make fun of our farce of a marriage. I want a divorce after almost 16 years. I do not want him to get my Military Veterans benefits or my retirement benefits. I do not know where he is now he was deported to St. Kitts Basseterre but not sure what country he is located now.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry I am in Memphis TN.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We had no children, no assets or property I just want a legal divorce.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a specific question?