Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am getting married in New Orleans. Once I turn in my

Customer Question
license to the Clerk of...
I am getting married in New Orleans. Once I turn in my license to the Clerk of Court, how long do I have to perform the ceremony?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/9/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Law Tutor, Esq.

30 Days. You will have to get a band new one if it expires. Does this answer your question?

Here is a link to the State Registrar & Vital Records for Louisiana.

http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/page/644

Please let me know if you require anything further.

If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Does this answer your question? Please let me know if you need anything further. I am on standby. I hope all goes well for you with your wedding plans. Thank you.

Also, here is a website that offers generally information concerning marriage certificates in Louisiana:

http://www.usmarriagelaws.com/marriage-license/louisiana/clerk-of-court/parish-requirements.shtml

I hope that I have answered your question. If you need anything further please let me know and please don't forget to 5 star rate me so that I can received credit for this response. Thanks and good luck to you!

Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer