How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41519
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a parenting agreement that was filed in NYC that

Customer Question

I have a parenting agreement that was filed in NYC that states these words exactly. "In the event that any parenting time takes place during school hours, camp, extracurricular activities, therapy, etc. the parent with the child at the time shall deliver the child to school, camp, extracurricular activities, therapy etc, and/or pick up the child from school, camp, extracurricular activities, etc." On the following page it says "In the event either parent is unable to be with child during parenting time, the grandparents may watch the child." WATCH the child. Not PICK UP the child. My question is this: He has his mother PICK UP my daughter from school every day. His mother, at one point, had an order of protection against me because her son (my ex-husband) is a super NYPD cop who used the system to get his way and make sure I was behind the 8 ball. He pretty much convinced the court he should have an extra day (him 4 days, me 3) because his schedule allowed him flexibility to pick her up and drop her off everyday. Since signing, he has resumed his regular schedule and is never around to pick her up or drop her off, and she in turn spends her 4 days at her grandparents house who hate me for leaving their son. She is being raised by people who can't stand me and I want to change the order as I am no longer working and having a second child. I want to know if I can bring my parenting agreement to the school and have them enforce that only myself and her dad can pick up our daughter. This is a NYC parenting agreement. We have joint custody, joint decision making, joint everything.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

You can try here.You can also consider a motion to the court to enforce the parenting orders as they exist.Father is delegating his duties to the grandparent.Hopefully the school here will abide by the orders and not allow grandparent to pick up the child.If you have too a return to court is the next option.You have great facts, it is clear that the father is delegating his duties as a parent to his parents and you can call him on this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.Sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

The orders control and you have valid point that he is not following them as written.Hopefully the school agrees.