How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had my 10 yr old grandaughter in my household since

Customer Question

i have had my 10 yr old grandaughter in my household since she was 6mths old and her mom only wanted to come get her after her and my son seperated and shes trying to get child support she has never done anything for this child since she been inthis world
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

You have the option of filing for permanent guardianship of the child, and as your grounds, stating that the mother has left the child with you for the last 9 and a half years, and that the mother has not done the things that a normal mother would, and now the child is most closely bonded with you, and it is in the child's best interests to remain with you. Does that make sense? If you decide to go that route, you should do it soon, esp if the mother is trying to take the child.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Can you please let me know if I answered your question?

Related Family Law Questions