AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

I have had my 10 yr old grandaughter in my household since

Customer Question

i have had my 10 yr old grandaughter in my household since she was 6mths old and her mom only wanted to come get her after her and my son seperated and shes trying to get child support she has never done anything for this child since she been inthis world
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

You have the option of filing for permanent guardianship of the child, and as your grounds, stating that the mother has left the child with you for the last 9 and a half years, and that the mother has not done the things that a normal mother would, and now the child is most closely bonded with you, and it is in the child's best interests to remain with you. Does that make sense? If you decide to go that route, you should do it soon, esp if the mother is trying to take the child.

Can you please let me know if I answered your question?