How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend had a serious stoke over two years ago. He is

Customer Question

My friend had a serious stoke over two years ago. He is colored blind and has short term loss. He has a guardian-presentative of person and estate, but they don't inform him of anything. He knows nothing about what he owns, what gets spent and where. The thing he doeßn't like the most is he wants an counselor and a therapist they don't get he one. He life is very different than it was an needs someone to talk to. He wants a new guardian-presentative how would we go about getting one? He has a friend that was a guardian-presentative before and has worked at a Assistant Living place for 15 years. He (Dean) trust her, what can we do?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: They tell us we any hire a lawyer because he needed to himself and he can't by himself
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is able to do almost everything by himself. He wants to get into a 1 bedroom apartment that has 24 hour nursing staff which there is a place here.I'm his girlfriend how can I also in information when anything happens to him. He can remember a lot of things but they been even tell him what things he still has from his house which was sold. He had a house, boat, car, he had everything. He is 60 years old, retired after 35 years and he has a pension. What can't know these things. He can't see or read. But he doesn't know what people are saying when they talk to him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

There should be a court in which his current guardian was appointed. You need to file a motion in that case to have the guard***** *****ged. You will have to give the court the reasons for changing the guardian. If they agree that the change is in his best interests, the court will most likely approve the change.

Does that make sense?