How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son received a csrp and is being told by his girlfriend

Customer Question

My son received a csrp and is being told by his girlfriend that it is a meeting to set up payments for Medicaid. What I'm reading it's about child support. He had no clue as to what this is and I just want him to be prepared. So what my question is does the attorney general set up meetings for Medicaid payments?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Family Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No ma'am, the thing is is they live together and have for 2 years and the baby is only 2 months old.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Yes, in Texas, the Attorney General's office is in charge of managing these issues. They offer a variety of services to assist parents instead of going to court for issues. Did your son sign the birth certificate? It is possible that they need to establish paternity so they can apply for benefits. This document outlines the process and some of the duties the AG's office handles.

I hope this answers your question. If you've been satisfied with my information, please leave a positive rating so I can get credit for assisting you. You can still ask followup questions after providing a rating. I will be stepping out for a bit, so if you have additional questions, I will reply soon. Thank you.

Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Did you need any further information or clarification? If not, please take a moment to rate my answer. I am an independent contractor and this is the only way I get paid for assisting you. Just Answer does not compensate us without a rating. Thank you so much!