How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if a judgment order was filed against me based

Customer Question

What can I do if a judgment order was filed against me based on a false child support worksheet, which the judge used to make a child support arrearage and monthly payment amount? My Ex husband switched incomes on the worksheet and filed the worksheet with the incorrect number of days/incorrect income ratio, which resulted in an incorrect PCSO that the judge used as a basis for the order?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

You will need to file a motion requesting relief from judgment and present the apparent fraud that your husband perpetrated upon the court as a basis to have the judgment corrected.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My bank account was already garnished 100% based on an arrearage order; I attempted a motion to quash garnishment based on the fact I do not owe the amount, but was not even allowed to argue that I didn't owe the judgment. I have until the 12th to file something with the court, but cannot find an example of a writ of error/coran nobis motion or a motion to vacate a judgment based upon a write of error for TN.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I need to have the child support admin case worker testify? She is the one who helped me understand the worksheet was done incorrectly; and filed by my ex. I am past the 30 day window for the relief of judgment order motion.
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Rule 60 is what is used in civil cases. Notice under this rule you may have 1 year to file it.

Here is a sample to use as a go-by. It is from MASS as I did not find one from TN.

You can have the case worker testify or you can testify about how it was discovered if you have first hand knowledge of how and when it was discovered.