How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed for divorce nearly a year and a half ago with an

Customer Question

Hello, I filed for divorce nearly a year and a half ago with an attorney in Houston TX. We had a child on the way so we were instructed to wait until the child was born before we could initiate the divorce. We have split property, settled on child support and sold the one mutual asset we had together our house a few months ago. She contested the divorce and I want answers from my attorney on how much longer this will take to finalize. I also have no custodial rights to my children as a result of a ridiculous situation that occurred in Dallas were we once both resided and I jerked my cell phone out of her hand and she claims that I pushed her into a wall which is not true. However that has now granted her full custody to my children and she doesn't let me see them and hasn't if over a year. I have always been there for my children, took them to school everyday and to church as well as spent time with them and assisted with homework and now I am being treated as though I am a dead beat Dad. I need help getting this divorce finalized and getting answers on my rights to my children.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Related Family Law Questions