Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Financial guardian assumed responsibility of my fathers

Customer Question

financial guardian assumed responsibility of my fathers intestate holdings my aunt on behalf of 3 minor children because my mother was 9 months divorced from my father. invested for 30 years turned into just under a million dollars and with mothers influence funds were hidden from scapegoat child and distributed to the other heirs after aunts passing is this legal. Also the excluded heir at the time of final decree to distribute funds after the guardianship was assumed on his behalf was 8 months past there 18th birthday.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: original intestate Wyoming probate land holdings after my aunts passing in oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon.Thanks for using JUST ANSWER. I am having some difficulty sorting out the facts that you have presented. Remember, we only know what you tell us and we have no direct access to other information. Please simplify your fact presentation and post a straightforward legal question about those facts. I will try to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
intestate NO WILL estate money that is placed in a family investment trust 30 years ago by a financial guardian on behalf of 3 minor children that is distributed 30 years later after the financial guardian passes only 2 biological heirs collect $1,386,000,00. one along the way is disinherited the adopted child. but reviewing court paper work the disinherited person discovers in the initial estate distribution the disinherited child was 9 months past there 18th birthday an adult and not a minor so are they not entitled there inheritance money placed into a trust on there behalf under false pretenses discovered 3 months ago
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but trust and estate questions are the most complicated ones that we ever get here. This question and answer format it is not a good vehicle for that. I will have to keep asking you more questions. If you were willing to pay for premium service and request a telephone conference with me, I can question you directly and probably get to the bottom of your situation within 10 or 15 minutes. You still have not summarize the heirship situation. When your father died how many children did he have including adopted children? What does your aunt have to do with the administration of the trust? What does the divorce of your mother and father have to do with the situation? What is "scapegoat child" it? Who is the "excluded heir", and why was he excluded?. What does his 18th birthday have to do with the situation? Perhaps you can get someone to help you write up another summary of the situation which explains everything in simple terms that lawyers would understand.