How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter had to get an order of protection against her

Customer Question

My daughter had to get an order of protection against her boyfriend due to domestic violence, they a have an 18 months baby caught in the middle, he is not helping with child support but told the ACS that she have to provide the car seat and the stroller to him but he was able to buy a new car not car seat claiming he bought the stroller and she the car seat and need to share please tell me that he is wrong, also he took all her money using her atm card and with that money bought the car to replace the old one and claim his lawyer told him not to give her the other car because she can use it against him. Can you please advise? she lived in the Bronx, NY is an assistant teacher. My daughter while under stress had a memory problem and contradict herself a lot and he is using that against her. I told her that for now on to have a journal and write everything
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Unless there is a court order that states that she must share the car seat and stroller, then she doesn't need to share it. He needs to buy his own for when he takes visits with the child.

If he took her atm card and used it without her permission, I have seen some jurisdictions in which if she files a police report, that the police and prosecutor will file charges for forgery and fraudulent use of the atm card. Some will, some won't. She could consider making a police report. She should also dispute the charge with the bank and let them know that she did not authorize that charge, and that he stole her atm card.

I doubt that a judge will look kindly on him if he stole her money, bought a car, and won't refund the money, or give her the car.

Your suggestion of journaling everything is a very good suggestion.

Has that helped?

I'm sorry she is going through this.