Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband has changed our friendly divorce agreement after

Customer Question
I have filed. Can...
My husband has changed our friendly divorce agreement after I have filed. Can I still get an attorney?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/4/2016
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes you have a right to challenge and modify the decree and property settlement.If the husband changed terms without your consent you can seek to have the court review them and modify the settlement here.You would need to have the court find in your favor that you either didn't understand or that there were changes not agreed too.It is possible to modify a settlement and decree.

You need to locate a local lawyer here immediately if you want to modify the property settlement and decree and get a better outcome.This is certainly possible within the law to go back to court and seek changes based on the misrepresentations or fraud of the other spouse.

Family lawyer referral here , put in your city/state

http://www.lawyers.com/?gclid=CLuN4vLh9c4CFQcoaQodKlkLFQ&site=466&WT.srch=1&ef_id=V8s1QQAABY3E11yk:20160904125823:s

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer