How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40998
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has changed our friendly divorce agreement after

Customer Question

My husband has changed our friendly divorce agreement after I have filed. Can I still get an attorney?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Yes you have a right to challenge and modify the decree and property settlement.If the husband changed terms without your consent you can seek to have the court review them and modify the settlement here.You would need to have the court find in your favor that you either didn't understand or that there were changes not agreed too.It is possible to modify a settlement and decree.

You need to locate a local lawyer here immediately if you want to modify the property settlement and decree and get a better outcome.This is certainly possible within the law to go back to court and seek changes based on the misrepresentations or fraud of the other spouse.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Family lawyer referral here , put in your city/state

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.

Related Family Law Questions