How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a person sending me Facebook posts about me and

Customer Question

I have a person sending me Facebook posts about me and pictures .. She emails them to me.. I have blocked her from fb and got a new number .. What can I do
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know what I need to do ? Do I need to contact police prior and press charges Ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

I'm unclear on what you are trying to do. Are you saying she is harassing you? Sending facebook posts and photos by itself doesn't sound illegal. What is she doing that is harming you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best legal way to take care of this situation ? I don't want to be caught off guard again .. She has posts several things about me .. She has sent emails to my personal and work email
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

In order to help you, I need to know what she is doing that you believe is problematic. All you've said is that she sends facebook messages and photos. That, in and of itself, is not illegal. Can you give me a bit more information so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

I've sent the phone call offer. Let me know if you have any more questions, or accept the offer if you would like to speak on the phone. You can still type in the chat with no additional charge.