How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Missouri. How can I prove my ex is emotionally

Customer Question

I live in Missouri. How can I prove my ex is emotionally abusive and it is not in the child's best interest to live with him half of the time.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

What exactly is your ex doing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He has always emotionally abused me by manipulating me and lying to get what he wants. He is a pathological liar who always finds a way to get his way. He is now telling me I have no say in my child, who still lives with me. He has been cheating on me for 3 1/2 years. In that time he never showed any remorse when he was caught and lied that it had stopped. We attended counseling for 9 months and he sat in front of me and a counselor saying everything he knew was the right thing to say. He is devoid of character and I need to know how I can actually prove it and his influence would be bad for our child.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

I do not have the answer to your question. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Family Law Questions