How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2485
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know what kind of trouble am I in wiht this or

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I need to know what kind of trouble am I in wiht this or what can I do.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I adopted my niece through Wisconsin court because mom rights were taken. 2014 I gave my mother temp cusduty for a year but now I find out that she sent her to her mother because the child got out of hand. My mom lives in Chicago and my sister lives in Wisconsin. I still get benefits for her she will be seventeen in December.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Only here in Georgia where I live
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the temp papers were not through the courts.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 11 months ago.

As the legal parent, you may leave your child with any adult you wish, as long as you are not endangering her. You shouldn't be in trouble at all.

Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 11 months ago.

Were you the benefits for the child? What kind of benefits? An adoption subsidy? Do you want her back?

Related Family Law Questions