How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom has Alzheimer,owns business,im son lived here for

Customer Question

my mom has Alzheimer,owns business,im son lived here for years,helping out,i have felony 14 years ago. now socials protective is involved
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: ny oswego county
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: called 50 with no help
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just trying to save home and business and get help for mom
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

What does your prior felony have to do with what you are trying to do for your mother now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I talked with a lawyer who told me to try and get (81) guardianship and another lawyer told me that I could not get it with my felony and that DSS said that I was not taking good enough care of her or the business, witch was their reason for starting the protective adult services. they want me to give them all the records for the business, income and bills too. So with that I'm asking you what else can I do. mom needs some help,but I want to stay in the house and still do the business.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

What kind of business is it? How is it owned, i.e. LLC, corporation? Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Related Family Law Questions