How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find an attorney in the fairfax area that can

Customer Question

I am trying to find an attorney in the fairfax virginia area that can help my mother obtain a delayed birth certificate.There was never a certificate of birth filed for her and she is not able to provide all the necessary documents for the vital statics to issue it with out a petition from the court. We are being told by vital statistics we need to petition the court for it under the birth record petition 32.1-260.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: She lives in NC.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

We are not permitted to refer any particular lawyer to JA's customers or to represent them in a case; however you need to find a family law attorney to assist you with this. This link may help you locate such a lawyer.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If youcan not help find a lawyer or advise what to do in this case what am I paying for? I do not understand what service you provide
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

We do answer many legal questions and help point people in the right direction which saves them time and money by the way of costly errors using the trial and error approach. We also review documents and give phone consults on legal issues. (Here) is my profile. You can click on it and see a list of recent questions I have answered for customers. To give you an idea of how often our services are used, I answer over 500 questions each month.