How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I presently live in las vegas nevada.. have been with my

Customer Question

i presently live in las vegas nevada.. have been with my husband ( ex ) for 28 years... we divorced in arizona july 2008.. yet stayed together and moved to nevada have been residing together until last sept.. we registered as domestic partners in in sept 2009 here in nevada... do i have rights to financial support..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Yes, if you are in a domestic partnership, you could have financial rights/support, if you separate. I say this because domestic partners have the same rights, protections, and benefits, and are subject to the same responsibilities, obligations and duties under law that are granted to and imposed upon married spouses. Here is the statute which controls and which you can review, to show and support what you could ask the court to award.