Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife and I. Negotiated and executed a separation

Customer Question
agreement in April using a...
My wife and I. Negotiated and executed a separation agreement in April using a mediator. She now wants to change it. Can that agreement be unwound by either party?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/2/2016
Family Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Yes, but it is hard. She would have to have a reason legally sufficient to justify setting aside the agreement, such as incompetency, mutual mistake, or fraud. Usually buyer's remorse is insufficient.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let's discuss

It states the phone call payment didn't work for some reason. You can continue to chat with me if you need, or you can contact customer service to see what the payment issue is.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How many times in your legal career have you seen a separation agrmnt that was carefully negotiated by a neutral 3-td. Party defeated?

I apologize about not responding back last night. I had some computer issues and got kicked off. I've only seen a settlement agreement set aside 2-3 times. I've seen them enforced countless times.

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer