How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41555
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband and I have joint legal custody of my 14 year

Customer Question

My ex husband and I have joint legal custody of my 14 year old son but I have physical custody, recently my son has been acting out and told his dad that he wants to move in with him . My ex keeps telling me that he's taking my son whether I like it or not because my son has a choice.. Is that true ? Can I force my son to stay with me because I have legal physical custody?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Here if you have physical custody you absolutely can say no.You have the legal right to decide where the child lives and until a court changes that you are the person in control.You should not let the ex intimidate you .You can report him a s a runaway in California if he leaves without your permission.As the person with physical custody you have the final say in all of this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and good luck with all of this.

Related Family Law Questions