How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in jail (on an unrelated issue) and has a Motion

Customer Question

My son is in jail (on an unrelated issue) and has a Motion of Contempt Hearing regarding his daughter. He cannot afford an attorney and Legal Aid will not visit him in jail. Can he ask for a postponement for the upcoming hearing in Sept? Can you refer me to a pro-bono attorney in Tavares, FL to represent him at this Hearing? I've filled out all the forms on line and can't afford the attorney fees. I've done all the legwork and filed his response to the Court. I just need an hour of an attorney's time who is willing to help my son.
Renee Williams, a loving mother and grandmother who needs help,
(###) ###-####
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site or making personal referrals. If you need free or low cost local counsel, please contact the FL bar and explain the situation to get assistance.
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####

Related Family Law Questions