Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am in process of divorce but very stressful cause my ex

Customer Question
would not split his property...
I am in process of divorce but very stressful cause my ex would not split his property which he own before we got married . Please need your answer . Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/31/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear about your situation. You have a couple of options. You are not entitled to any property he owned prior to the marriage unfortunately but any social security he receives while you were married certainly is something you are entitled to. You can seek spousal support for all the time you took care of him, but if his resources are limited you may not receive much.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer