How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from Idaho and met my husband online and moved to

Customer Question

I am from Idaho and met my husband online and moved to Oklahoma to be with him. we got married and had a child. during these past 2yr he was verbally, emotionally and times physically abusive. after he got off parole he quit taking his meds or bi-polar and schizophrenia. he neglect us emotionally and me physically. so we came to an agreement that I would come home to Idaho for month so he could work on himself. now he has filed paperwork with the tribal court and wants emergency custody. I haven't been served but I was told via phone that I have court in two weeks. do I have to go?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: oklahome but he is from the shawtee tribe
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. You absolutely have to go or, at a minimum, hire an attorney to go on your behalf.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.