How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a private school refuse to communicate through emails

Customer Question

Can a private school refuse to communicate through emails about problem in school? My son was running away from a kid touching his private parts, but the teacher accused my son of "excluding" him and being disrespectful! All other kids confirmed what my son sais, now the school doesn't want to respond to my emails,(their policy is only talking, but I am an immigrant and English is not my first language) and I was told that I can't even meet with the teacher!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I am reviewing your question at this time. I will provide you information here. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Schools can establish lawful policies. And if the policy is no email and only conferences, then yes. Of course, that policy has to apply to everyone. The school cannot pick and choose who it should apply to.

I suggest, you may want to see if you have a friend who can attend a conference with you to help you understand what is being said. Additionally, if your son is being touched in this manner and the school does not work toward stopping it - regardless of whether your son did anything or not because there is no reason for one to touch another at all - then I suggest you could consult with a local attorney to discuss a possible lawsuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is in his report card, they don't want to remove it
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I see. I suggest you will need to consider writing an "Opposition" report and demand your opposition be placed in his file.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If I've missed anything that you needed or you have other questions, please let me know here. Otherwise, a Positive rating ensures I get credit for my time. Thank you.