How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Family law appellate attorney. My ex is appealing the Judges

Customer Question

Family law appellate attorney. My ex is appealing the Judges decision on alimony and I need to file a brief
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon:

I will try my best to help answer your question.

Initially, I'm not quite sure what your question is. If you're looking for advice on how to find an appellate attorney and Florida I would suggest call the Florida bar association and asking for list of attorneys who indicate they practice family appellate law. The best way to try to get a referral is by asking your current attorney for other local attorneys, but it sounds like you've already tried that.

Filing a brief is complicated and I definitely recommend that you hire an experience attorney to assist you. I will say that your position will be much easier to argue than your ex husband's because you will be taking the position that the trial judge made the correct decision. Hence, if you cant find an attorney you can do your own brief supporting the judge's decision as an absolute last resort.

Related Family Law Questions