How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to terminate my childs fathers rights. He is in

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** i am trying to terminate my childs fathers rights. He is in prison for the next 4 I am a single mother with a career. My case is active now and its to the point where i have to pay for an ad litem. Here is the problem i feel like my lawyer is really bad and inconsistent and im second guessing if she can win the case. She gives indirect answers /not available etc. He has a injury to a child on his record and has never been in my daughters life. He has ask the court to wait until he is released to have the court date Please give me advice on everything. Switch lawyers etc.?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.


I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you clarify one thing for me? In your question, you say that your ex is in prison for 4, but not if it's months or years. The answer can vary based on how long he'll be incarcerated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He will be in Prison for 4 years. He served a 10 year prison sentence