How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Privacy: My childsupport case was moved 2 counties away

Customer Question

Privacy: My childsupport case was moved 2 counties away because I have family ties to 3 of case worker's in my local childsupport office. Including a grandmother, and my daughters half sister grandmother. It's a small good Ole boy town that runs on gossip. My daughter who is about to be 17 yrs which I have custody of. Her father hasn't seen her in almost 2 yrs. Wanted to live with her paternal grandfather as I remarried and moved to the city and he farm's which is her career path at this point. After discussion we would try as she has never been away from me and is a mommy's girl. There is bad blood between that paternal grandmother and myself. She is actually no blood relative of my daughter nor has she played a large roll in raising her. She works in the childsupport office and immediately threatened my childsupport. I told her the money would be put into my daughter's personal account for school and living expenses until it was determined if she would get homesick and come back maybe Thanksgiving then I file myself and cancel. I'm not trying to fraud anyone. I then received paper's from the childsupport office that employs my family. That my case had transfered to them the week my daughter moved and a request to terminate it. The request didn't come from my X husband simply the one person in the office I'm not related to. .. I feel my privacy rights have been violated. How can a gossiping x step mother in law with an ax to grind go to work talk trash. My case was moved for a reason. Non of them was suppose to be involved. Now the one employee in the office can hear 3rd party info and take action on it??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would have grounds to file a complaint with the child support enforcement supervisors as she does not have authority to act in matters where she has personal involvement. The person you are not related to should have referred the matter to the child support office that was handling your support and it should not have been handled in the office where there was a conflict of interest. Also, you could seek to get a local attorney and sue the person for invasion of privacy as well for them getting into the matter and discussing it with anyone instead of sending it to the proper office where your support case was moved.