Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Is there a way to make my Husband see a psychiatrist after

Customer Question

Is there a way to make my Husband see a psychiatrist after he left the house for what's looking like a mental breakdown? He's starting to get paranoid and he has also cut off all money and I'm on disability. I know I can go for emergency support. How long will that take to get? I have bills that will probably bounce tomorrow.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

See link for Illinois statute regarding an emergency detention: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?ActID=1496&ChapterID=34&SeqStart=11400000&SeqEnd=12900000

"When a person is asserted to be subject to involuntary admission on an inpatient basis and in such a condition that immediate hospitalization is necessary for the protection of such person or others from physical harm". If that is the case then your husband could be forced to see a psychiatrist and be held against his will.

There are several remedies available to pursue past-due child support. You can ask for an emergency order from the Court that will give you emergency support that can be heard maybe within days and probably weeks. Others remedies are:

Submittal to the:

1. U.S. Department of the Treasury for federal tax refund interception administrative offsets paid out by the federal government.

State Department if $2,500 or more is owed, for pursuit of passport denial, revocation, restriction or limiting.

2. Illinois Comptroller. Submittal to the Consumer Reporting Agencies.

3. Illinois Department of Revenue for state tax refund interception.

4. Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services' Collection and Asset Recovery Unit.

5. Illinois Department of Professional Regulations or other state licensing agencies.

6. Private collection agencies.

You could also get temporary financial assistance for needy families (TANF) see link: https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/temporary-assistance-needy-families-tanf-0

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?