How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need some son has these two friends who are

Customer Question

I need some son has these two friends who are bothers. One is 16 yrs old and the other one is 17 yrs old. They live with their mother and her boyfriend here in San Diego, Ca. The mothers boyfriend works back east and is gone most of the time. Sadly the boys mom is an alcoholic and is currently deep in her addiction. CPS has been called but have done nothing, the police have been called a number of times for the mom being drunk and disorderly. The boys are embarrassed and frustrated with their mom. Now the boys dad who lives in PA has popped up wanting to take the boys. The boys have no relationship with their father and dont want to move to PA and leave their mom, school, and friends. The mothers boyfriend is home for the time being but has to return back to work in a few weeks. Is there anything that the boys or the moms boyfriend can do to stop the dad from taking them to PA. Moms so far gone right now that she's not even putting up a fight. The boys are good boys and if I had the room I would let them stay with me but sadly we live in a one bedroom place. Is there any advice you can give so that I can help these two boys stay here in San Diego?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?