How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with a divorce I have been separated 3 years and

Customer Question

I need help with a divorce I have been separated 3 years and trying to save my marriage. the husband what's a divorce to be with the other woman. I am currently the owner of a small business with limited income.
He says he has spent $8000 to divorce me he doesn't want me to get my own representation he is telling me what I'm going to get in the settlement, instead of talking to me about what i think is fair. he is trying to control me with threats.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

What specifically can I help you with? Was is it that you want to know?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need a lawyer to assist with my divorce. I have Low income. I have a been given document to sign i don't understand, but can't afford a lawyer to represent me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will try again later today.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, we don't represent customers on this site. We can provide information, I can explain forms, that sort of thing. But there is no attorney-client relationship.

Have you checked with Legal Aid?

If this isn't the right forum for you, I can submit this to customer service for a refund for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I don't think this is the right forum, please request the refund. Thank you.