Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Re: Child support

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Liz,

What else can I assist you with?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not pay child support, as we agreed 2 yrs ago. Is there a chance he will not have to pay? His income is substantially more than mine.My ex works for his best friend...processing visa for a mail order bride business. On the support worksheet he completed, he calculated his wagesnfar less than what he makes. His tax return is 60% higher. He refused to share the previous years tax return. am I allowed to ask for this to calculate the support worksheet?When I file support worksheet and parenting plan do I include a letter explaining these things? Explain he is hiding a lot of his income? Should I explain how bad things were when my son was with him? He missed 100 days of school last year. He would not even return the schools calls.Do I just file alone and say nothing. Simply that we could not reach an agreement?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Has a court ever issued a child support order or a spousal support order for you, your ex or your child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We mutually came to an agreement when we divorced in 2012. I had custody, he paid 1200.00 in child support at that time. In 2014 He wanted my son to come live with him. I agreed because it was my sons wishes. He didn't tell us he bought a mail order bride. He just wanted to stop paying child support. He asked my son to lie to me...the school...My son has been pretty much neglected. I took over with school, even though He moved 100 miles away. then he just announces he is moving to Vegas. I picked up my son and all his belongings were just sitting in the driveway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When my son went to live with him he said it was no problem if I didn't pay support...but I didn't know he was going to destroy my sons education...and spirit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He always filed for us. No attorney.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Private support agreements are not enforceable. That is why I asked: Has a court ever issued a child support order or a spousal support order for you, your ex or your child?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
26 August 2016 03:37
Yes. We mutually came to an agreement when we divorced in 2012. I had custody, he paid 1200.00 in child support at that time. In 2014 He wanted my son to come live with him. I agreed because it was my sons wishes. He didn't tell us he bought a mail order bride. He just wanted to stop paying child support. He asked my son to lie to me...the school...My son has been pretty much neglected. I took over with school, even though He moved 100 miles away. then he just announces he is moving to Vegas. I picked up my son and all his belongings were just sitting in the driveway
26 August 2016 03:39
When my son went to live with him he said it was no problem if I didn't pay support...but I didn't know he was going to destroy my sons education...and spirit. no attorney
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Please do not copy and paste something that I have already read. That will not help me to help you.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did file formal support orders and a parenting plans with the district court in 2012 issued with our divorce decree. In 2014 we filed with the district court as well
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Then, if there is a court order stating that your ex has to pay support for your daughter until age 18---then he must do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In 2014 it was redone. My son would be his primary guardian, with me not paying support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That parenting plan and support order was filed with the district court
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Liz,

For some reason we don't seem to be communicating well with one another. For the past 90 minutes I have been trying to assist you and I sense that we are just going around in circles with nothing being accomplished.

I suspect that I might be able to make sense of all of this through a phone conversation. If you do not want a phone conversation for an additional $29, then I will opt out and perhaps another expert can understand what you are trying to ask. Just let me know.

Doug