How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 15330
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The question I have is in Illinois I guess they have a

Customer Question

The question I have is in Illinois I guess they have a divorce law that says I would pay maintenance 30 percent of my income minus 20 percent of her income for 6 and half years my question is that gross income or adjusted income after taxes?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 months ago.

The amounts are based on Gross and not adjusted income.

http://§ 5/504(b-1)(1)(A)

The above is the Illinois law