How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me AND my husband just found out that he should qualify for

Customer Question

me AND my husband just found out that he should qualify for an abatement since he hasn't seen his son since 2006 and the mother has never followed the pareenting plan. She wouldn't let him see hm since my husband refused to have a relattionship with her. I had a PI track her do wn. That's the only reason we even know where the kid is. She has the entre family blocked on facebook so that we couldn't find her
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: missouri
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I did and he told me tht to do the abatement and the contempt of family access motion I would not need a lawyer
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: we have tried to reach out and so has my husband's other daughter and she the mom said that she didn't want to confuse the son by him meeting us
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

Yes, I agree with this. He needs to file a motion for enforcement of his visitation rights. If there is a custody order and she is in another state, he may have to file in the other state by registering the current order and then filing the motion to enforce.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions