How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40993
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1. We file divorce in San, CA on 2014, at that time we only

Customer Question

1. We file divorce in San Jose, CA on 2014, at that time we only have 2 children, FL 100 only filed 2 minors, I have 1 more child, he born at Dec/2015,after I file FL 100 on 2014 total now we 3 children want to file FL 180 for Judgment, what can I do now? Amended FL 100?
2. This is my friend's case, when they file FL 100 petition for divorce, the child was minor, now the child already turn in 20 years old, how can they file FL 180 without minor, do they need amend any form to tell the Court the minor become an adult?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Yes if this case is still pending, they need to check on that, then they would amend the FL-100 to reflect that there are only two minor children, but three total born of the marriage.This will ensure that the court sets support for the correct minor children here.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Third box down right of square check amended

And then they can file the FL-180 once it is amended to show corrected information.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

More self help

Thanks again if you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions