Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

1. We file divorce in San, CA on 2014, at that time we only

Customer Question
1. We file divorce in...
1. We file divorce in San Jose, CA on 2014, at that time we only have 2 children, FL 100 only filed 2 minors, I have 1 more child, he born at Dec/2015,after I file FL 100 on 2014 total now we 3 children want to file FL 180 for Judgment, what can I do now? Amended FL 100?
2. This is my friend's case, when they file FL 100 petition for divorce, the child was minor, now the child already turn in 20 years old, how can they file FL 180 without minor, do they need amend any form to tell the Court the minor become an adult?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/26/2016
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Yes if this case is still pending, they need to check on that, then they would amend the FL-100 to reflect that there are only two minor children, but three total born of the marriage.This will ensure that the court sets support for the correct minor children here.

Third box down right of square check amended

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl100.pdf

And then they can file the FL-180 once it is amended to show corrected information.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

More self help

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1033.htm

Thanks again if you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer